There’s no surprise that the phasing out of fossil fuel vehicles across the world has sparked an interest in the EV (Electric Vehicle) industry. With BisonEV’s unique retrofit process technology we can retrofit existing internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles to electric operated vehicles (battery or hydrogen powered) and save millions of tons of CO₂ Emissions over the coming years.
- Our retrofitting technology delivers an executive electric vehicle to clients significantly below the cost of new X-class EVs
- Instant torque meaning more acceleration and responsive throttle feedback
- Little to no excess noise
- Zero exhaust emissions
- Maintenance costs are lower than all internal combustion engines
- The vehicle retains the value far longer than ICE vehicles
- Gas prices are on the increase and future availability is becoming a concern
- Electricity provided to charging stations is often cheaper and more sustainable than gasoline production.
- BisonEV will supply and install residential chargers as well as commercial charging stations
- With hydrogen becoming cheaper every quarter and dispensing infratructure expanding rapidly all over the world, BisonEV will construct and implement best in class systems too.
The retrofitting conversion process consists of:
All fossil-fuel system components will be removed from the ICE vehicle, including:
- Internal combustion engine
- Exhaust system
- Fuel tank
These will be replaced with an electrical system consisting of:
- Electrical motor and controller
- Power source of either Batteries or Fuel Cell
- Charging System (If battery powered)
- Hydrogen Tank (If fuel cell powered)
- All electric accessories as needed
Parts extracted from ICE vehicles will be sold to counterparties located in developing countries to replace older ICE engines, with contract negotiations currently underway. If this industry doesn’t have a need for the second-hands parts anymore, they will be scrapped and properly recycled
In our experience, the most important aspect of all-electric vehicles – whether BEV or FCEV – is the use of an electric motor. These electric motors are the be-all and end-all within this space and in our opinion, are far superior to ICE vehicles. The fact is, electric motors are +- 95% efficient and they also ensure that virtually all of the energy produced is used to drive motion, with extremely little heat and virtually no noise; providing the ultimate smooth and silent operation.
These electric motors also work within a massive range of RPM – ranging anywhere from 0 – 10 000 RPM – with the ability to deliver maximum power and torque for virtually the whole range which means there’s no need to push the vehicle to a certain speed before being able to hit the ‘power band’. Thanks to these benefits, electric vehicles also don’t require a gearbox, they either spin faster or slower depending on the speed and if you need to reverse, they simply spin in the opposite direction.
Further to this, electric motors can act as generators to take the rolling motion of your car tires and turn it back into electricity to charge your batteries in order to extend the range of your vehicle. This feature also allows drivers to use “one-pedal driving”, where taking your foot off the gas means your electric motor slows the car down instead of you having to rely on your brakes. This allows for the creation of energy and can end up saving you in the long run. As an added bonus, you also have the ability to rely on your traditional brakes should you choose to use them; especially in an emergency situation.